|The Mother of All Excuses Place, News and Credits.|
- ............ percent of workers said they arrive late to work at least once a week,
- ............ percent said they are late at least twice a week.
- ............ of workers blamed traffic for their tardiness,
- ............ percent said lack of sleep was the guilty one.
- ............ percent of workers said getting their kids ready for school or day care was the main reason they ran late in the morning.
Twenty percent of workers said they arrive late to work at least once a week. Twelve percent said they are late at least twice a week. Ten percent of workers said getting their kids ready for school or day care was the main reason they ran late in the morning. Other common reasons included public transportation, wardrobe issues or dealing with pets.
If you've decided honesty is not the best policy for you, don't try using any of the following excuses as the reason why you're late -- they've been heard before.Use your imagination
Here are 12 of the most outrageous excuses employees have heard for being late to work:
1. My heat was shut off so I had to stay home to keep my snake warm.
2. My husband thinks it's funny to hide my car keys before he goes to work.
3. I walked into a spider web on the way out the door and couldn't find the spider, so I had to go inside and shower again.
4. I got locked in my trunk by my son.
5. My left turn signal was out so I had to make all right turns to get to work.
6. A gurney fell out of an ambulance and delayed traffic.
7. I was attacked by a raccoon and had to stop by the hospital to make sure it wasn't rabid.
8. I feel like I'm in everyone's way if I show up on time.
9. My father didn't wake me up.
10. A groundhog bit my bike tire and made it flat.
11. My driveway washed away in the rain last night.
12. I had to go to bingo.
I should be working.... All work and no play is boring, stressful, and unhealthy. Check out these great websites that poke fun at the rat race in one way or another (or at least give you something to do while you're on break).
or were you making a cup of coffee -- you're late.