1) Get up now, Get up now. Get up out of bedWash your face, Brush your teeth. Comb your sleepyhead
Let me stay, let me stay in bed a little more Wait a sec, wait a sec, hey don't slam the door! Here're my shoes and my clothes, yes, I heard your words, leave my room, I shall get dressed alone!
"The Mom Song"
1) Get up nowGet up nowGet up out of bedWash your faceBrush your teethComb your sleepyhead
2) Here's your clothes and your shoes. Hear the words I said. Get up now! Get up and make your bed. Are you hot? Are you cold? Are you wearing that?
Where's your books and your lunch and your homework at?Grab your coat and gloves and your scarf and hat. Don't forget! You gotta feed the cat
3) Eat your breakfast, the experts tell us it's the most important meal of all.
Take your vitamins so you will grow up one day to be big and tall. Please remember the dentist will be seeing you at 3 today. Don't forget your piano lesson is this afternoon so you must play
4) Chew slowly ... But hurry. The bus is here. Be careful. Come back here: Did you wash behind your ears?
5) Play outside, don't play rough, will you just play fair? Be polite, make a friend, don't forget to share. Work it out, wait your turn. Get along! Don't make me come down there
Clean your room, fold your clothes, put your pants away. Make your bed, do it now, do we have all day? Were you born in a barn? Would you like some hay? Can you even hear a word I say?
6) Answer the phone! Get off the phone!Don't sit so close, turn it down, no texting at the tableNo more computer time tonight!Your iPod's my iPod if you don't listen up
7) Where are you going and with whom and what time do you think you're coming home?Saying "thank you, please", "excuse me" makes you welcome everywhere you go round
8) You'll appreciate my wisdom someday when you're older and you're grownCan't wait till you have a couple little children of your own9) You'll thank me for the counsel I gave you so willinglyBut right now I thank you not to make funny faces at me 10) Close your mouth when you chew, would appreciateTake a bite maybe two of the food you hateUse your fork, Eat the food I put upon your plateGet an A, get the door, get in here, I'll count to threeGet a job, get a life, get a Master degree
11) "I don't care who started it! You're punished until you're 36"Get your story straight and tell the truth for onceAnd if all your friends jumped off a roof would you jump, too? If I've said it once, I've said at least a thousand times before
12) That you're too old to act this way, It must be your dad's DNA. Look at me when I am talking, Stand up straighter when you walk. A place for everything and everything must be in place
13) Stop crying or I'll give you something real to cry about...Brush your teeth, wash your face, put your PJs onGet in bed, get a hug, Don't forget, I love you
Tomorrow we will do this all again 'cos a mom's work never endsYou don't need the reason why, Because, I said so. I am the mom
Practice with the real video.
Humorous setting of stereotypical mom sayings to the William Tell Overture, by comedienne Anita Renfroe.
Lyrics included onscreen for ease of following this high-speed rendition!