Tuesday, October 26, 2010

WR 4.1 Revising written work: Music in my life

WR 4. Revising written work

WR 4.1. Music in my life 3 level 30 min.

GOAL. To learn to edit out one's own mistakes by dealing with those of others first.

WARMING UP.
Writing can be very communicative as some no-so-good learners know.
TASK 1. Enjoy reading this lovely composition.
Music in my life 1
There are music in the radio, in the Tv, in the batroom ...is an universal languaje. I like too ear his music with CD than a friend give me. Altough to listenig clasic records is usefull I never listen.
I love hear more that singer. I swicht the radio when I have a breakfast and ham the fashion songs. We enyoy very tipes but this not means all kinds of noise, you understand me, is'nt it? We have fortune because Benicàssim festival is during only a week , and very much laudly. I
The best compositor in the story, I thing, is Bruce Springfield, the Boss. I realy would like see him in a concert in life because his show is very excitting. I prefere lisen his letters learn us very depthy things than other singers. And I deteste thecno music.
Now a remember. Seventeen years ago when I was teenage I did a little solidarity concert with friends. They love sing and this actuation was more important for a lot of persons. The money from the entries was for poor people in València.
What more? Next week I enjoy go to a concerts of folk music. After, we'd go to our pub for drink a bear. Do you like? I invite.


TASK 2. Considering that the instructions given were these below, Was he successful? State your opinions.
Write a text about Music in your life.
Use the following questions to guide your composition.
A life without music? What singers are your favourite ones? Any dislikes? When do you listen to music? Best memories. Monthly routines and your last musical activity.

…………………………………………………………………………..………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

TASK 3. Underline the passages where you did not understand what he tried to express.
LANGUAGE PRACTICE. Revising the writing mistakes.

TASK 4. Spelling is a very visible category. Sometimes mistakes are difficult to explain at your level. Circle the odd one out: altough, listenig, usefull, prefere
laudly, realy, excitting, clasic
ear > ‘hear’, batroom, thing (v), bear > ‘beer’

Why? ..............................................................................................
Most of them are related to visual or sound similarities. Some comments are bear > beer (homophone), languaje! > first language influence, I thing (v) > carelessness,
From now on, the text will be shown without spelling mistakes.

TASK 5. Look at the underlined words. Copy them in this classyfying list correcting them:
There are music in the radio, in the TV, in the batroom ... is an universal language. I like too ear his music with CD than a friend give me. Although to listening classic records is useful I never listen.

vocabulary
syntax

.......................

grammar:tense:
preposition:
comparative
........................

TASK 6. How could you express the same meaning of each sentence with your own words? More than one possibility is accepted.

1-There are music in the radio, in the Tv, in the batroom ...is a universal language.
…………………………………………………………………………..……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
2- I like too ear his music with CD than a friend give me.
…………………………………………………………………………..………………………………
3- Although to listening classic records is useful I never listen.
…………………………………………………………………………..………………………………

TASK 7. Analyse the mistakes of the second paragraph in this unsuccessful student.
Classify (syntax, grammar -tense, preposition, comparative, etc. - & etc) and correct them. Vocabulary have been done below.
I love <1> hear more that singer. I swicht the radio when I have a breakfast and <2> ham the fashion songs. We enyoy very tipes but this not means all kinds of <3> noise, you understand me, is'nt it? We have fortune because Benicàssim festival <4> is during only a week , and very much loudly.
The best compositor in the <5> story, I thing, is Bruce Springfield, the Boss. I <6> really would like see him in a <7> concert in life because his show is very excitting. I prefer listen his <8> letters <9> learn us very depthy things than other singers. And I deteste techno music.

Copy any relevant mistake to you with this classifying list and correct them:
vocabulary: <2> to hum a song (inaudible words, just the melody), <3> sound, <4> lasts (v)
<5> history, <7> live concert (adj + v), <8> lyrics, <9> teach, show
syntax <1> to listen more than to sing, <6> would really like

grammar -tense,
preposition,
adjectives
........................
.......................

TASK 8. Rewrite the content of the following lines with your own words, keeping the same meaning (whenever possible).
Now a remember. Seventeen years ago when I was teenage I did a little solidarity concert with friends. They love sing and this actuation was more important for a lot of persons. The money from the entries was for poor people in València.
What more? Next week I enjoy go to a concerts of folk music. After, we'd go to our pub for drink a beer. Do you like? I invite.

…………………………………………………………………………..………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………..………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………..………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………..………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………..………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………..………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………..………………………………

FOLLOW UP

Write your own text following the instructions given in task 2. Express yourself as best as you can. Check for your mistakes, avoiding the ones you found above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog