Thursday, November 26, 2020

Worksheet_35. FLUENCY_ Two dialogues _ TIMES

 



Worksheet_35.  FLUENCY_ Two dialogues _ TIMES

U3. ORAL TASK-A. Repeat the dialogues. Review the way we say the vocabulary and the sample sentences.  When it is quite acceptable…  Record your voice.


Passage 1.  Daily Timetable

Woman: So, like what’s your usual day? You always seem so busy.

Man: I get up around 5:00 a.m. & work on the computer until 2:00 a.m.

Woman: So, Why do you get up so early?

Man: Well, I have to leave home at twenty to seven so I can catch a bus at 7:00 o’clock . It takes me about 20 minutes to walk to the bus-stop from my house.

Woman: And so, ... what time do you get to work?

Man: Uh, my bus takes about an hour to get there, but it stops just in front of my office.

Woman: That’s nice. And so,.. what time do you get off work?

Man: Uh, around 5:00 o’clock. Then, we eat dinner around 6:30, and my wife and I, we read and we play with the kids until 8:00.

Woman: So, tell me ... when do you work on your personal website? The website that you self-made at home.

Man: My wife and I, we often watch TV or talk until 10:00 o’clock. She then often reads while I work on my website, and I sometimes stay up late working, but I try to finish everything about 2:00 a.m.

Woman: And then you get up at 5:00 a.m.?

Man: Well, yeah, but it’s important to live a balanced life. I enjoy what I do, but you have to have the time for the family and yourself.

Woman: Wonderful busy life.


For a real dialogue: go to ... super Randall website

                       https://www.esl-lab.com/easy/daily-schedule-script/  

            

 

        Passage 2.  Hotel reservation                     

Hotel Clerk: Hello. Sunnyside HOTEL. Can  I  help you?

Man: Yes, I'd like  to reserve  a room  for two people

                   on the 21st of March.

Clerk: Okay. Let me check our computer here. The 21st of May, right?

Man: No..... in March,   not  in May.

Clerk: Oh, sorry. Let me see here. Hmmm.

Man: Are you full that night?

Clerk: Well, we have one suite free, 

      complete with a little kitchen and a sauna bath. 

      And the view of the city   is really great, too.

Man: How much is that?

Clerk: It’s only $200 dollars,  plus a 10% room tax.

Man: Oh, that’s a little expensive   for me. 

      Do you have a cheap room   on the 20th?  or the 22nd...

Clerk: It is possible ..., would_you_like  a smoking room

       or  would_you_like   a non-smoking room?

Man: Non-smoking, please.

Clerk: I have 2 rooms free   on the 20th; but it's full  on the 22nd.

Man: Well, how much is the non-smoking room on the 20th?

Clerk: $80 dollars, plus the 10% room tax.

Man: Okay, that is really fine.

Clerk: All right. Can I have your name, please?

Man: Yes. Bob Maexner.

Clerk: How do you spell   your last name, Mr. Maexner?

Man: M-A-E-X-N-E-R.

Clerk: Okay, Mr. Maexner, see you   on_March_the_20th.

 

          


ORAL TASK B.   After practising  6 times, 

                           If, you understand the text,.....

Now, repeat and  read along ALOUD with the conversation. 

What are the important difficulties? Underline them.      

WHY? Try again…. Practise the task 2a  two more times.


Passage 1.  Daily Timetable

https://www.esl-lab.com/easy/daily-schedule-script/



  Passage 2.  Hotel reservation         

  For a real dialogue: go to ...  wonderful esl-lab website

          https://www.esl-lab.com/easy/hotel-reservations-script/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog