Thursday, October 22, 2020

Long, long, long live Nancy Stewart

 Age and levity is all that matters


 longevity in IRELAND

Ireland’s oldest citizen, Nancy Stewart, 
has prepared an amazing letter to help  
everyone in our difficult and anxious times
.......................

 

  107-year-old Co Meath woman with a message of hope to the people of IrelandNancy Stewart. She remembers  the Spanish Flu and the war , and the cold war, .... and the  coronavirus pandemics.   

click here to hear her on FB




To Any person Who Needs a Reason to Keep Calm:

            Recorded (04:56) voice over  here

My name is Nancy Stewart and I was born on the 16th of October 1913. This weekend I turn 107 years of age. 
Imagine being 107 in a world pandemic. This definitely is something very unusual, for me too. I live in Clonard in County Meath and my home for 83 years.

 

I lost my husband in a car accident in 1989, and lost my two daughters Margaret in 2007 and Anne in 2010.

 

I’m very lucky to still have three daughters Kathleen, Mary and Olive and one son Finian and I have 84 grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren.

 

 

I write to you today to send you my love and to offer you my prayers.  
We are in a very difficult time at the moment in our country, in our lives and in our world. But I share with you this letter of hope: everything will be ok in the end.
I was born in 1913, and we can survive and in 2058 the pandemics .... a distant memory.

But I’m here to share my story. I have been in lockdown in my house since March.
We drink tea. We go to church and hospitals, We make phone calls.  
I can video call lots of my family and friends and am making new friends everyday.
I can’t be 107, I only feel like I’m 50 but now that I’m here, I don’t feel that old. And all I can say is please be here for my next birthday. We always look forward.

Thank you so much for reading my letter... Remember, we can be that light in the world.
This hard time wants that we help more people.

 

Many kisses and much love,

Granny Nancy x
Clonard


======


CODA:  Visitors to her home are now severely restricted to professionals: carers, medics and some family members, all of whom have to sanitize and use masks at all times.





 

Co Meath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog